Associate Coach Tom Jones
- Active racer since 1994 with experience in road, TTs, and cyclocross.
- 10+ years bike shop experience, including bike fits.
- Former mechanic for 1-800-COLLECT pro women's team.
- JBV Coaching intern and powermeter user since 2009.
- 2011 New Mexico State Time Trial Champion.
- 2010 New Mexico Road Series overall winner.
- Has run multiple cyclocross clinics as head or assistant coach.
- Cyclocross coach to the Get Out! junior development team.
- M.Sc. Physics.
- References available upon request.
- Email Tom, or call him at (541) 609-8934.
"Thanks so much for the clinic yesterday! I was so glad I attended, I learned a lot and am looking forward to putting my new-found strategy knowledge to use. As a beginner cyclist, you hear about strategy and it can be intimidating. This clinic was inspiring and a great mental boost. It is great knowing that I can go out there knowing what to expect and then some.
New Mexico Spokettes Racing Team
"As a teammate and mentor for over 3 years, Tom has been integral in my success as a bike racer. His training and racing knowledge, leadership, and selflessness have helped me develop from a Cat 3 barely breaking the top ten, to earning consistent podium spots in the 1/2s within one year. I have also benefited from his bike fitting expertise, as he has greatly improved my TT position. Tom has a great head for the sport of cycling. He is a natural at preparing for and reading races. He is an excellent problem-solver when doing bike fits and fixing bikes. In addition, Tom’s humor and genuine kindness make him enjoyable to be around and provide a fun and comfortable coach-athlete relationship."
1st place, 2011 Sandia Crest Road Race, Pro 1-2.